The pandemic struck and there has been one reality that has been binding the world. It is of remote work and learning. Remote work and learning is a reality in India as of today. With three laptops (and an almost working laptop! :)) and Teams meetings and Zoom calls in my home, it has not been an easy experience.
Prior to March 2020, I was the only one doing remote work and now, my whole family had joined in! 🙂
What have we learnt from the whole remote experience?
- Small children can manage with phone/tablets but those devices are not suitable for older kids
- If older kids and working parents are involved, then, each will need a separate laptop(maybe some manage without the same)
- Bandwidth issues, network connectivity, dropped calls are all a reality
- Many had suggested a Wi-Fi extender, but we had shied away from it – but a Wi-Fi extender is a great boon! 🙂 Even though phone companies advertise for great bandwidth, we realize it falls short, once we start using it! Hence the Wi-Fi extender is the greatest boon to help us.
- With meetings and classes in different rooms, different sounds from different rooms becomes a reality! 🙂
- However good the laptops maybe, with time, they seem to crash! 😦
- The mic does not seem to be work or the camera does not seem to work or the unmute button does not seem to work or everything works great sometime! 🙂
- School/college seem to get over by a certain time, but work never seems to get over! 😦
- Zoom fatigue or Teams fatigue is real
- Schools/colleges have figured how to conduct online exams after struggling with it for some months
- Teams is good IMHO! 🙂
How has your remote work/learning experience been? Have you finally got the hang of it? 🙂 How do you and your family manage?
Here’s to wishing that the end of remote work/learning is around the horizon! 🙂
This post is the eighth post for BlogchatterHalfMarathon