I have been writing for exactly 8 years professionally and these are some of my learnings over the years…I started writing strictly technical Java and Information security concepts for about 2-3 years and then, moved onto personal writings over the years.
- Writing is hard work – yes, you read that right…it is real hard work..whether it is fiction or non-fiction, writing in today’s SEO world is sheer hard work. I could have never imagined that a good piece of writing will require so much effort, but it does.
- There are some writers who can write quickly and with ease, but all will definitely need a plan.
- Different people will have a different take on your writing!! (this was the most interesting realization for me!! :)) The bottom line in writing is if you are understood then, you have done a good job!! 🙂
- The most important part of a blog post or any writing is first choosing the perfect TOPIC. While we can write on anything in the world, it is the choice of topic that will allow the author to give their best and the reader to enjoy it!
- For any type of writing ,the ‘flow’ has to be good and in today’s SEO world, the keywords and other things have to be well rounded too(ugh, the part I hate the most! :()
- Writing needs a good ‘Eureka’ moment…when idea strikes, better to pen it right away!
- My technical writings are actually much easier to write than my non-technical ones!! 🙂 All I have to do is to have a good grasp of the concept. And for the topics that I do not know, I do have to research a lot on the topic and write.
- But, it is obviously my non-technical ones that are easier to understand and which get more views!! 🙂
- I have never suffered from ‘Writer’s block’ but I do struggle with writing when the circumstances are not right!! 🙂
- Interestingly, I can only write about topics that I am truly passionate and interested in(maybe all writers do this – I am not sure) For all the posts and e-books that I have written the past 8 years, I can confidently say I have written all of them only because I truly believed in them.
- In spite of editing and re-editing and re-editing, not all of my posts and writings come perfect. Of course, all of us are entitled to a bad hair day, right? 🙂
What do you think about writing? Is it as easy as it sounds?
Read all my technical posts at: http://blogtech.online
Read all my personal posts here: https://jayanthiweb.wordpress.com