From the day Parag Agarwal became the CEO of Twitter, my timeline has various thoughts on whether we should feel proud of Indians being successful abroad or not.
While, everybody was pouring their thoughts out on the same topic – I knew it was time for me to empty my thoughts on this too! 🙂
I just had only one thought when Parag Agarwal was crowned CEO of Twitter – “PROUD”! 🙂 Why?
- It is an ode to the highly criticized Indian education system and being super successful after getting through it (Parag Agarwal did his schooling, college education in India)
- It is an ode to our higher institutions of learning(IIT in this case, but most colleges in India are goo too)
- It is an ode to successfully transitioning to the US college system from the Indian college system(yes, almost everybody does it, but still doing it is a great deal)
- Getting ahead in one’s own country and one’s own organization and surviving all the office politics is hard enough and to do it in a foreign country is no easy job
- The fact is, that individuals from India are highly respected all around the world and I am really proud of that! 🙂 After all, isn’t that the aim of all who are leaving India – to shine brightly in a foreign country such that the home country is proud?
What do you think? Isn’t it amazing that Indians are super successful abroad?